In recent years, lettuce wraps have gained popularity due to their demand, especially in the U.S. Moreover, lettuce wraps are actually believed to be Chinese in origin; they have gained popularity throughout Southeast Asia. Wraps are particularly well-liked in Thailand and Laos.
This brings us to the larb. Wraps are the widely famous meat salad from Cambodia and Laos, as well as my own personal favourite salad wrap filler. Lettuce wraps are a great choice for breakfast, lunch, and even light dinners with the filling of different ingredients according to your diet.
Lettuce wraps are healthy and low in calories and carbs. With that happiness, these wraps are packed full of fibre and flavour. However, wraps provide vital minerals and vitamins. The filling possibilities are endless, and they are so easy to put together.
Anybody can enjoy a lettuce wrap, regardless of whether they prefer meat, are a vegetarian, or love fish. Generally, wraps are safe to eat for most people and are not a common allergen. Also, there is not a big problem with eating too much lettuce.
Moreover, lettuce wraps are a quick, easy, and healthy meal that tastes delicious. In this article, we are going to give you 15 lettuce wrap recipes so that you can create a beautifully presented wrap. So, I am so excited to share recipes for making filled wraps with you.
The best and healthy lettuce wrap recipes:
Now, we are going to share the recipe for chicken lettuce wrap. As you know when you go to a Chinese restaurant you order lettuce wrap, they fill it with ingredients and turn it into a lettuce wrap. I really like that lettuce wrap. I wanted to find a way to recreate those flavours at home without having to go through the process of ordering. So, I came up with these recipes which I have to say are just as good. So, get started.
1. Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are actually really easy to make. It’s just simple and quickly prepared in 50 minutes.
|Ingredients||Marinate||Spicy Hoisin Dipping Sauce|
|Boneless, Skinless chicken thighsWater ChestnutsDried Shiitake MushroomsScallions or Green onionLettuceGarlic||Sodium soy sauce, Dark soy sauce, Oyster sauce, Sesame oil, Rice wine or sherry, Sugar, White pepper||Hoisin sauce Chili sauce Warm water|
- Put the mushrooms in hot water for 3 to 4 minutes until softened. Now, take it aside to cool and then chop.
- In a bowl, put all the marinated ingredients that are listed on the table and mix well.
- Put the chicken, water chestnuts, and mushrooms in a 15-minute marinade.
- In another bowl, put the spicy hoisin dipping sauce ingredients and mix well. After mixing them, set aside.
- Heat the non-stick pan over medium heat and add the sesame oil. Add the garlic for 10 seconds and then add the chicken mixture. Fry the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Wash the lettuce leaf and cut to the required size.
- Now place the leaf on the plate and put the chicken. On the top add the scallions and dipping sauce.
- Finally, serve the wrap with the desired sauce.
2. Iceberg Lettuce Wraps:
Homemade Chicken Lettuce Wraps are easy to make and require 30 minutes to prepare.
|Iceberg lettuce||Canola oil||Ground chicken|
|Cloves garlic||Tbsp ginger||White or cremini mushrooms|
|Sesame seed oil||Hoisin sauce||Soy sauce|
|Chili garlic sauce||Lime juice||Hot pepper flakes|
|Red bell pepper||Water chestnuts||Sesame seeds|
- Wash the lettuce, cut it into pieces, and set aside.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and add the oil. Add ground chicken and sauté until brown.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the liquid from the mushrooms begins to evaporate.
- Sesame seed oil, hot pepper flakes, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chilli garlic sauce, and lime juice should now be added. Stir thoroughly and let cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper and water chestnuts and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until they are soft. Adjust the seasoning by tasting. Take off the heat.
- Place the lettuce leaves, add the chicken mixture, and top with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Finally, serve with mixed greens, shredded carrots, lime wedges, cashews, and cilantro as garnish.
3. Spicy Tofu Lettuce Cups:
The spicy Tofu Lettuce Cups recipe is very straightforward and you can make it quickly in 30 minutes.
|Soya Sauce||Sugar||Rice vinegar|
|Sesame oil||Chili paste||Ginger|
|Red bell pepper||Chopped mushrooms||Romaine lettuce|
- Wash the lettuce and cut it in the required pieces.
- In a bowl, add the soy sauce, sesame oil, sambal oelek, ginger, sugar, rice vinegar, and garlic and mix well. After mixing, set aside.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and add the vegetable oil.
- Add the tofu to the pan and cook both sides for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Place a piece of paper on the plate and take out the tofu on it.
- Now, in the pan add the mushrooms and bell pepper. Now, stirring continually for 3 to 4 minutes until tender. Add the soy sauce to the mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the sauce has somewhat reduced.
- Finally, put the mixture into the centre of a lettuce leaf and garnish on the top with the desired ingredients like carrots, red onion, and more.
4. Shrimp & Avocado Lettuce Wrap:
To make the delicious Shrimp and Avocado Lettuce wrap required 40 minutes.
|Olive oil||Lemon||Parsley leaves|
|Garlic||Black pepper||Large shrimp|
- In a bowl, add the olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, lemon zest, parsley, chives, salt, and pepper. Add the shrimp and coat well. Take it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the zucchini halves and brush the oil carefully. Grill the zucchini per side for 4 to 5 minutes until tender and set aside on the plate. Now, grill the shrimp per side for 2 to 3 minutes until pink and set aside for cool. After cooling, cut the zucchini and shrimp into small pieces.
- In another bowl, add the oil, lemon juice, agave, mustard, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Cut the avocado into small pieces after removing the core.
- Now, in the bowl, add the zucchini, shrimp, avocado, and dressing. Gently toss all the ingredients until the ingredients are coated.
- Place the lettuce leaf on the plate and put the mixture into the centre of the leaf.
- Finally, garnish the carrots, onion, tomatoes, and lemon juice if desired and serve with sauce.
5. Turkey & Cranberry Lettuce Wraps:
You can make this delicious Turkey and Cranberry Lettuce Wrap in 40 minutes.
|Turkey slices||Cranberries||Orange juice|
|Apple||Swiss Chard||Greek yogurt|
|Garlic powder||Onion powder||Salt|
- In a bowl, add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, parsley, sage, and paprika and mix well.
- Now, coat the turkey with seasoning, place it in the pot, and place it in the microwave. Take it out of the pot and cut it into pieces.
- Wash the apples with water and chop them into small sizes.
- In the bowl, add the apple, cranberries, and orange juice and mix well.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and add the mixture. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the cranberries are soft. Now, after cooking, mash the sauce.
- Wash the lettuce leaf and cut it into pieces.
- Place the lettuce leaf on the plate, put the turkey, and then spread the cranberry sauce.
- Finally, serve the delicious wrap with the cranberry sauce and enjoy it.
6. Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap:
In 40 minutes you can make these delightful Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
- In the bowl add the chicken slices and seasoning with salt and pepper. Now, take a pan and add the water. Boil the chicken and take it out on the plate after 8 to 10 minutes until tender.
- In the bowl, add shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, and franks red hot. Mix all ingredients with a fork.
- Wash the avocado and cut into small sizes. Now, wash the lettuce leaf and cut it into the required size.
- Place the lettuce leaf into the plate and put the chicken mixture, cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion, and avocado slices.
- Finally, you can also drizzle with ranch dressing and serve it with the desired sauce.
7. BLT Lettuce Wrap:
You can prepare BLT Lettuce Wraps in just 20 minutes.
|Olive oil||Bacon Slices||Mayonnaise|
|Dijon Mustard||Kosher salt||Black pepper|
- Take a grill and heat it on the coils. You can also use the gas grill or heat on medium heat.
- Place the pan on the grill and add the olive oil. As the oil warms, put the bacon pieces. Cook the bacon for 5 to 8 minutes until it becomes crispy.
- Take out the bacon on the plate and leave aside for cool.
- In a bowl, add the mayonnaise and mustard and mix it well. Now. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now, add the tomatoes, chives, and crispy bacon to the bowl.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and cut them.
- Finally, place the lettuce on the plate and put the BLT mixture on it.
- Now serve the wrap with the tomato sauce and enjoy the delicious wrap.
8. Salmon & Cream Cheese Lettuce Rolls:
Let’s make the Salmon and Cream Cheese Lettuce Rolls in just 30 minutes.
|Smoked salmon||Dried dill||Garlic powder|
- Wash the lettuce with water and pat them dry. Cut the leaves into small sizes and set them aside.
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese, onion, smoked salmon, dried dill, garlic powder, and black pepper and mix well.
- Place the lettuce leaf on the plate and put the mixture on it. On the top, put the chopped tomatoes.
- Now, garnish with salt and lemon wedge for taste.
- Finally, serve the Salmon and Cream Cheese Lettuce Rolls and enjoy it with your family.
9. Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps:
If you want a light healthy meal, then you can make the Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps in just 30 minutes.
|Lettuce leaves||Egg||Green onion|
|Honey Dijon Mustard||Tarragon||Pepper and Salt|
- Cut the lettuce leaves and wash them with cold water. Leave them to dry and set aside.
- In the pan add the eggs and water and then boil the eggs for 10 minutes.
- Take out the egg from the warm water and put it in cold water. Now, peel them and cut them into medium sizes or mash them with a fork.
- In the bowl, add the green onion, mayo, dill pickles, honey mustard, and tarragon and mix well.
- Now, add the mashed egg and mix well.
- Place the leaves on the plate and put the Egg Salad mixture on it.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Finally, your Egg Salad lettuce wrap is prepared. You can serve them and enjoy the recipe.
10. Quinoa Vegetarian Lettuce Wrap:
You can make this Vegetarian Lettuce Wrap with Quinoa recipe in 20 minutes:
- Wash the lettuce leaves with cold water and set aside to dry.
- In a pot add the water, salt, pepper, and quinoa. Boil it over medium heat for 15 minutes. Take out the quinoa into the plate and rest it cool.
- Wash the tomatoes and avocados and cut them into small pieces.
- In the bowl, add the quinoa, bell pepper, Roma tomatoes, Avocados, and fresh mint. Mix well.
- Place the lettuce leaves and put the mixture on it. Now, season with salt, black pepper, paprika, and squeeze lime.
- Finally, serve the wrap and eat it with your family.
I hope you will be fine and feel happy to know these recipes for lettuce wrap. By following these instructions, you can make your own delicious wraps at home in a good temperature and clean atmosphere. Moreover, the taste is so yummy and you can customize your own wrap according to your diet plan. Lettuce wraps are more healthy so there is no restriction to eating them. You can eat the wrap in your daily diet plan.